Terms and Conditions
Effective as of September 14, 2022
Please read this document carefully. It constitutes the legal notice, as well as the terms and conditions of use (hereinafter, the "TERMS") governing access, use and navigation of the website www.cathopic.com, owned by the commercial company Dimconex Media, S.L., CIF B-88414438 and tax domiciled in Fernando Poo, 9 Madrid 28045 (Spain).
By accessing, using and browsing this website, you expressly and unreservedly accept all the terms of this document.
Acceptance of the Terms
- Cathopic is an independent Catholic platform that seeks to share the beauty of God through images, photographs, designs, drawings, stills and videos (hereinafter, the CONTENT) and operates the website www.cathopic.com (hereinafter, the "WEBSITE"). We are an open network because we believe that God's beauty should be available to everyone, however, we need rules to make the platform safe for users, for our team, for content creators, and for the community at large. Cathopic allows users to download, use, store and share CONTENT, depending on the type of registration chosen by the user.
- Compliance with the terms shall be enforceable on any person accessing, browsing or using the website, whether author, creator, user or visitor. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions listed, do not browse the website.
Use and Registration on Cathopic
The Website may be used by authors or creators, or by registered users.
- Authors or creators, may upload content to the website to be shared with users. In this case, the author or creator guarantees that he/she is the sole owner of the intellectual and industrial property rights of the content and that he/she grants rights to Cathopic on an exclusive basis to sublicense, in accordance with the Assignment of Rights document. Cathopic may use, exploit, reproduce, distribute, publicly communicate and transform the content uploaded by the author or creator to the website.
- Users of the website must create a user account, choosing between a free subscription or a PRO subscription. Free registration, only have access to a certain number of photographs. PRO registration provides unlimited access to all content, without any limitation of content or downloads, for a monthly, quarterly or annual fee. More information about license types is available in our License.
- Persons under 16 years of age are not permitted to register with Cathopic, even if acting with the consent of their parents, guardians or legal representatives. Cathopic reserves the right to verify the age of users at any time.
- Regardless of whether or not user is an author or creator, user account information must be true, accurate, complete and detail current personal data and any applicable additional information. Users are obliged to inform Cathopic of any change in the data and information provided.
- Users are solely responsible for protecting and using their user name and password utilized on Cathopic. Users are also solely responsible for all activity carried out under their Cathopic account.
- The following conduct is strictly prohibited:
- Uploading content or comments that violate these terms or current legislative ordinances.
- Uploading content that belongs to a third party.
- Usurping the identity of another person, company or organization.
- Downloading content to share on another similar platform.
- Publishing private information of third parties without their express written authorization.
- Using content for commercial purposes.
- Sharing content for advertising or promotional purposes.
- Sharing content that contains computer viruses or bugs that may damage informational systems.
- Displaying any type of disrespectful, aggressive, abusive, threatening, defamatory, discriminatory or hateful behavior.
- Sharing violent, sexually explicit or offensive images.
- Sharing content previously uploaded to other websites. The realization of any prohibited conduct will result in the immediate removal of the content and cancellation of the registered user, preventing access to the platform and its services, without any compensation for damages, compensation or refund of fees for the PRO license.
Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights
This website and all its contents, including texts, images, audios and any other materials (files, trademarks, logos, color combinations), its structures and designs, the selection and form of presentation of the contents included in it, are protected by intellectual and industrial property rights. Said website and all its contents are owned by Dimconex Media, S.L. who publishes its contents, as well as third parties who have given their authorization to extend ownership unto the site.
All rights are reserved. Under no circumstances does access to the website imply any kind of waiver, transmission, total or partial transfer of such rights, nor does it confer any right to use, alter, exploit, reproduce, distribute or publicly communicate such contents without the prior and express authorization specifically granted for that purpose by the owner of the rights. The disclosure, reproduction, use, modification or any other form of exploitation not previously authorized in writing, either directly or indirectly by telematic networks or under analogous supports, of the same, shall result in the pertinent legal actions.
Protection of personal data
Links to other websites
By means of different buttons, links, banners, etc., users may find links to other web pages, managed by third parties separate from Cathopic. Cathopic has neither the power nor the human nor technical means to know, control or approve all the information, content, products or services provided by other websites to which links may be found on the Cathopic website.
Consequently, Cathopic shall not assume any type of responsibility for any aspect relating to web pages linked on the Cathopic website, specifically, but not limited–operation, access, data, information, files, quality and reliability of products and services, links contained on said sites and/or any general contents. In this sense, if users have effective knowledge of unlawful activities carried out on any third party web pages, they must communicate it immediately in order disable any and all access links listed on the Cathopic website.
The establishment of any type of link from the Cathopic website to another thrid party website does not imply there is any type of relationship, collaboration or dependence between Cathopic and the third-party website.
Breach of Terms and Termination of Use
- Cathopic may refuse to publish Content at its own discretion and remove content previously published without prior notice and without any justification.
- In addition, Cathopic may restrict or suspend user access to content, in whole or in part, as well as terminate a user account at any time, without prior notice. Cathopic is not subject to consideration of compensation for damages nor refund of any PRO license fees prior to cancelling or suspending an account that is not in compliance with said terms and conditions.
- If a user encounters content that is inappropriate or that any user is in breach of these terms, the user is obliged to notify our team via the contact form on the Cathopic website.
Cathopic seeks to promote God's love through its content and community. We support and encourage users to interact directly with one another. In the event that conflicts arise among users in our community, we encourage our users to work together in a spirit of charity to arrive at an amicable solution.
All users who disagree with an aspect of our site or organizational actions, are encourage to let us know and work with us to find a solution. All complaints are to be fully detailed in writing and submitted through the contact form on the Cathopic website. Our team will acknowledge reception of any and all disputes, and do our due diligence to investigate complaints. Cathopic is committed solving problems in a manner that honors both parties.
If we are unable to resolve a dispute within 90 days of the initial notification of the claim, any subsequent action, legal proceeding, or litigation that arises in conjunction with Cathopic’s services, shall be brought exclusively in the courts located in the city of Madrid, Spain, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction to which you may be entitled, and are applicable to Spanish law.