Effective as of September 14, 2022
No personal data obtained through Cathopic will be exploited by the site nor be shared with third party individuals/institutions without the express knowledge and consent of users.
Personal data that may be collected directly from user account registration will be treated confidentially and will be utilized by Cathopic to exercise rights and activities pertinent to organizational tasks/endeavors as listed in, but not limited to, our Licensing Agreement and Assignment of Rights.
In order to offer the best service and facilitate the use of the website, the number of pages visited, the number of site visits, as well as the activity of visitors and their frequency of use can be analyzed, all through anonymized data and statistical information acquired by the Internet Service Provider.
On Cathopic there may be links to third party websites, whose privacy policies are external and separate from the policies, terms, conditions, and licensing detailed on our site. User discretion is advised and actualized through the decision to accept third party privacy and cookie policies on respective sites.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
What’s the purpose for processing personal data?
Contractual purposes: we process user data to hire, maintain and fulfill the contracts users have signed and agreed to with Cathopic, and may analyze user data to obtain user profiles.
We need express user consent in order to carrying out the following tasks:
- To develop commercial actions, allowing us to offer users products or services.
- To communicate user data to third parties.
What personal data do we need?
The purpose of the data processing is to provide our service of operation of the private social platform available at the URL www.cathopic.com, by means of which its users are granted access to images, photographs, graphic designs and videos.
The information Cathopic collects is as follows:
When creating an account on Cathopic:
- Email Address.
- Account username.
- Account password.
- Record of user activities on Cathopic.
In addition, users may voluntarily provide us with:
- A public name that will appear on the platform (Ex. Nick).
- A public image that will appear on the account profile.
- The URL of separate user web page for other Cathopic network users to have access to view respective users site(s).
- Any movements, orders, groups that are affiliated with the user’s faith life.
- Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account links related to the user so that other Cathopic network users can visit respective profiles.
- The multimedia content the user desires to upload to the platform and share with Cathopic network. users.
- Other non-essential information the user desires to voluntarily publish on their Cathopic account.
The information voluntarily provided by the user to complete an account profile on Cathopic and to enables users of the Cathopic network to learn more about one another and better connect as a community.
Cathopic does not permit registration of users under the age of sixteen (16) and, therefore, we do not target nor collect personal information from such persons.
When you browsing Cathopic, without registering an user account:
- IP address of the device on which users connect are collected by Cathopic.
- The name of the browser and related information such as language settings and screen size utilized by visitors.
- Information about the device utilized by the user to connect to Cathopic.
- User location.
- If browsing Cathopic from a cell phone, the phone's unique identification number.
When an account is registered with Cathopic, all account activities within the platform are monitored and linked to that account.
How do we collect personal information?
All this information is collected through user navigation on Cathopic or is provided by the user when filling out html forms (subscription, contact information, registration or interaction within the website). All personal information is collected securely (https protocol and digital certificate) and stored on servers that have all the necessary security measures.
How do we use your information?
In order for Cathopic to carry out services and provide users with the best possible content, personal information is utilized as follows:
- General platform functionality. Example. to communicate with users, send administrative and service information, as well as share any and all updates related to our terms, conditions, licenses, and policies.
- To ensure Cathopic works properly on various devices.
- To store user preferences and configuration settings.
- To enable users to navigate on Cathopic in accordance with the type of registration and license chosen by the user.
- For commercial purposes.
- To share marketing and communications with users.
How long will we keep personal information?
We will retain personal information for as long as necessary to reach the various objectives and tasks listed above, but not limited to, in order to maintain the functionality of our site and serve our users. In addition, data will be kept in order to determine any liability that may arise from activities and functions related to our site, for a period of time established in the regulations regarding archiving and documentation.
Once the aforementioned period of time has elapsed, personal data will be deleted. Personal data will be locked when it is no longer necessary for aforementioned purposes of data collection, and will remain at the exclusive disposal of Judges, Courts, and the competent members of the Public Administrations or the forces of State security.
Who has access to personal data?
Personal data may be accessed by individuals related to Cathopic, who either through employment relationship or contracts for the provision of professional services, utilize personal data for the improvement and functionality of the platform.
In general, personal data will not be communicated to third parties, unless necessitated to fulfill legal obligations to the following groups or individuals: public officials/administrators, the Spanish Ombudsman, Judges and Courts, persons pertaining to proceedings related to any filed claims, and the bodies and security forces of the State.
Please note that all information voluntarily shared on Cathopic, whether it be through account information or public interaction on the site, can be accessed by any user of the platform.
What rights do users have and how can they exercise them?
To request access, rectification, deletion or limitation of the processing of personal data or to void processing of information, in the case of the requirements established in the General Data Protection Regulation, as well as in the Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on Personal Data Protection and guarantee of digital rights, users can send a letter to the data controller.
If users are dissatisfied with their ability to exercise their rights, a complaint can be filed with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es).